As I am writing this post I’m drinking a nice jasmine tea, in the dark, with a few candles lit. I’m seriously in my element, especially with all this rain going on outside. Loving it!
Makes 2 smoothies
1 cup of frozen mango
1 cup of frozen cherries
Half a cup of any Plant-based milk (you may not need to use all of the milk) – Coconut milk would go perfectly with this.
2 tsp of chia seeds
Half a cup of crushed cereal – I used wholegrain wheats with dried raspberries.
1 cup of vanilla soya yogurt
- Blend the frozen cherries with 1 tsp of chia seeds and only half of your chosen plant-based milk. It should be creamy and thick but easy to pour, add more milk if needed.
- Pour evenly into both glasses and set to cool in the fridge for 5 minutes. (If you’re in a rush you seriously don’t need to do this).
- Now blend the frozen mangos with 1 tsp of chia seeds and the rest of the milk. You want the mango to be less creamy/runny and more firm, a bit like ice-cream. So add the milk in a little bit at the time. You might not need to add any at all, depending on the power of your blender.
- Pour a thin layer (about 4cm) of vanilla soya yogurt on top of your cherry smoothie in both cups. Layer it with your chosen crushed cereal and then another layer of yogurt.
- Top with a few scoops of frozen mango.
- Decorate as you like. Done 🙂