Ingredients – Makes 2 pies.
1 1/2 cup of peas
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 chopped pepper, any colour!
1 cup of spinach
1 stem of chopped spring onions
1 cup of hot water with half a vegetable stock cube
1 cup of cashew nuts (soaked for at least 2 hours with water)
1 roll of puff pastry
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp melted butter
- Throw all the vegetables into a frying pan and cook until they begin to go a little soft or a light brown colour. If you find that your vegetables are sticking to the bottom of the pan, add some warm water to it.
- While that is cooking, prepare your cashew sauce by draining them first. Add it to the blender with your coconut sugar and the cup of vegetable stock water. Blend it until creamy 🙂
- Take the vegetables off the heat and add the cashew sauce into it, stirring until fully covered. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry, cut it half way so that you have two squares.
- Gently place each square pastry into your cooking pots or a non-stick baking tray. Pressing down on the sides so that the pastry takes form of the pot.6. Pour the vegetable mixture evenly into both pots.
- Fold over the remaining pastry to cover the filling. It should close perfectly, without leaving any gaps for your filling to over spill.
8. Glaze it with some melted butter and coconut sugar for that extra taste.
9. Place into the oven for 20 minutes, until the pastry hardens, rises and becomes golden.