I originally started with loads of freshly squeezed orange juice (I spent ages doing this) because I’ve been quite ill and in need of vitamin C! However, I randomly got a urine infection (which apparently wasn’t a urine infection), I was told that anything acidic can aggravate it and to only stick to water. So I was like, ‘oh, great, I wont drink this then’ and just had it sitting there for hours. It was too precious to waste so I decided to make a cake with it. Yes, cake is the only way forward.
Give it a try. I recommend having this cake warm with some custard!! You can buy custard powder that is free from milk at Tesco, click here to view.
1 1/2 cups of plain flour. You can substitute this with Gluten free flour!
1/4 cup of coco powder
1 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1/4 agave syrup
1 cup of oat milk
Pinch of salt and cinnamon
1 tsp of baking powder
4 tbsp of flaxseeds in hot water (just enough water to cover the flaxseeds)
1/2 an orange (for decoration)
Juice of 3 oranges (you can also add orange bits into it)
Juice of 1 lemon
Pre-heat oven on 180ºC.
- Firstly, set a side the flaxseeds for 15-20 minutes so that they soak up the water and become thick.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients separately.
- Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add it to your dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly. Add a little oat milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour into a rectangular non-stick baking tray and top with thin slices of oranges.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.