I made these ages ago and have only just recently remembered that I was meant to write-up the recipe for you lot, but completely forgot to do so. Sorry, here it is…
1 1/2 cups of flour
Half a cup of sugar
3/4 cup of butter
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 large bar of dark chocolate
1/4 cup of vegan butter
1/4 coconut oil
4 tbsp agave honey
- Begin with making the chocolate filling first – Melt the coconut oil and the butter into a saucepan. Then add the dark chocolate (break the chocolate bar into little pieces) and agave to it.
- Let the chocolate melt until silky and smooth, pour it into a bowl and leave it in the fridge until the biscuits are complete.
- Add all the ingredients for the biscuit mixture into a bowl, making sure to use your hands to equally combine the butter into the dry ingredients. It should end up looking like breadcrumbs.
- Knead properly into dough and roll out flat on a surface using a rolling-pin.
- Cut out little circles. Make sure they are thin circles as they will rise in the oven. I used a knife to cut my circles. I didn’t actually have that shape cutter, so it took me twice the time to do.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a little crispy.
- Once cooked, leave the biscuits to cool completely before adding your filling.
- Use a spoon to add a little chocolate filling on top of one side of your biscuits and join them together. TIP: Take the chocolate filling out of the fridge for about 10 minutes before you’re ready to use it, so that it can be a little softer for you. However, this is not necessary.