2 cups of gluten free self raising flour
1 cup of xylitol sugar
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 tsp of rapeseed oil
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of apple sauce (alternative for eggs)
130 grams of grated carrot
2 cups of coconut milk
3 cups of icing sugar
1/4 cup of vegan butter
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir!
2. pour evenly into two circle non stick baking trays.
3. Place into the oven for 30 minutes on 180ºc.
4. Leave on the side to completely cool down.
5. Whilst the cake is cooling, prepare icing by mixing together the icing powder and vegan butter until it becomes thick and creamy.
6. Once both layers of the carrot cake have cooled down, start adding the icing to both sides and carefully place them together.
7. Spread the icing on the top of your cake, in any way that you like and decorate 🙂
Glad to say this is the first cake i’ve made that everyone actually liked.