It has taken me 3 attempts before getting it right. I seriously wanted a nice flipping burger that doesn’t contain meat and egg and whatever other non vegan stuff they put in burgers. So I refused to give up trying.
It could still be better though, only because after a few bites, it kind of became really squashed. Not sure how else to describe it, sorry, I probably sound really illiterate right now. If you know of an ingredient I can add to make sure it does not happen again, please tell me, I’m dying to know, is it breadcrumbs? 😌
INGREDIENTS makes 3 burgers – 4 if you wanna be stingy.
3 sweet potatoes – peeled and cut into small squares
1 chopped onion
2 chopped cloves of garlic
Handful of parsley
2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
Half a cup of olives
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Paprika powder
3 tbsp of hot water
2 tbsp of flaxseed!
Some vegan buns, I just used bagels!
1 pineapple cut into circles
1 avocado cut into thin slices
1. Put the sweet potato in the oven and cook until soft.
2. While they are cooking, chuck the onion, garlic, parsley and olives into the blender and literally just pulse it. If your blender doesn’t have any options like mine (Why do they even make them like that?) then blend for literally 1 second. Don’t allow it to become soggy!
3. Take it out of the blender and put aside. While you are still waiting for the potatoes to soften, mix the hot water with the flaxseeds and let them soak together for 5-10 minutes. It should become quite thick. This will stop the burger from crumbling.
4. Once the sweet potatoes have cooked, mash them up! I warn you, it’s effort. Try not to leave any large lumps.
5. Add all the ingredients together including the flaxseed and water, paprika and lemon. Mash it again and then start preparing the burgers by shaping them into thick circles.
5. Place the burgers onto a very hot non stick frying pan, no oil! And cook for 15 minutes, turning them over every couple of minutes.
6. When you see that they are starting to harden, fry the onions, pineapple and your buns/bagels if you wish.
7. Top it off with avocado and serve 😌