I find that adding a flavoured sauce to any dish with vegetables makes it 100x more appealing. Plus if you’re not a veg fan, it makes it so much easier to eat.
INGREDIENTS – serves 2 bowls
For the rice:
1 cup of basmati rice
2 tablespoons of Paprika powder
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons of coconut oil or any other oil
1 clove of garlic
Half of a white onion
1 tbsp of ginger
Half a mango
1 can of coconut cream
2 cups of hot water
1 clove of Garlic
1 tablespoon of Salt
1 tablespoon of Lemon
Half an onion, chopped
Handful of olives, cut in half
Whole packet of Asparagus
Half a mango, cut into small squares
5 chopped mushrooms, cut into big thin slices
1 pepper (any colour)
- So first, boil your rice with the paprika and cinnamon powder (vegetable stock if you wish) on high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is boiling, you are going to make the sauce. So heat up the coconut oil on a frying pan, add the chopped onions, ginger and garlic to it and fry for 5 minutes. Once they are frying, drain your rice and leave to sit.
- Add the coconut cream into the frying pan with the onions, garlic and ginger, along with the peanut butter and mango. Stir until all ingredients have combined.
- You then need to add the sauce into the blender, blend until it becomes smooth. The peanut butter may make the sauce become too thick , if so, pour some hot water into it and just stir.
- Pour the blended sauce into a pan with a lid and leave to sit. Now, prepare to fry the vegetables. To do this, add the coconut oil, garlic and a few onions. Once golden, throw in all of the vegetables except from the mango and olives and cook for 5 minutes on high heat.
- After 5 minutes lower the heat. Add, salt, lemon, pepper, olives and mango to the pan and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, you are now ready to serve your food in any way that you like.
Hope this helped x