1 can of kidney beans
1 can of lentils
2 cloves of garlic
1 whole onion
Juice of one orange
Juice of half a lemon
2 cups of almond milk
2 tbsp of curry powder
1 tbsp of turmeric powder
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp of red Thai chilli powder
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. So what you want to do first is drain your lentils and kidney beans and then boil them together until they become soft.
2. Drain half the water from the pan (you will need to use the rest of the water later) and Put to one side to cool down.
3. Whilst it cools down, fry the onion and garlic on high heat. Once they have gone a golden colour, turn the heat down a bit and add the almond milk, red Thai chilli paste and all the other ingredients, except the orange and lemon juice, and stir. This is your sauce.
4. Now you are going to blend HALF of the kidney beans and lentils with the sauce until it becomes creamy. Then add it back to the pan, heat off!
5. Throw the remaining beans and lentils into the soup and add the lemon and orange juice. If it is toooo thick and lumpy then simply add some hot water into it an stir.
6. Pour into a bowl and top with whatever you like. I used mint and almond flakes.