Makes 18 cupcakes
1 tin of Chickpeas
2 cups of Gluten Free self-raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
A box of strawberries
2 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
2 large tbsp of vegan butter
Ingredients for the Strawberry icing
2 cups of powdered sugar (I just used icing sugar)
1 tsp of pink colouring
1 tbsp of strawberry flavour
2 tbsp of vegan butter
- Drain and blend the chickpeas until there aren’t any lumps left and empty into a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl except the strawberry and stir.
- Now chuck the strawberries into a blender and blend. (Remember to leave some strawberries for topping of your cupcakes). Pour it into your bowl.
- If your cupcake mixture is not turning out so smooth just add it to the blender for a bit (this is exactly what I done). My blender is quite rubbish so it didn’t blend the chickpeas properly so that is exactly what i done.
- Evenly pour your mixture into cupcake holders and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes. I put my oven on its lowest heat to make sure they cook properly from the inside. But bare in mind, chickpeas will make your cupcakes quite moist.
Now for the icing – Best part of any cake
- Mix the icing sugar, vegan butter, pink colouring and strawberry flavouring all into a bowl and just keeeeeeep stirring. God it is so tiring without an electric mixer. I kind of need the arm workout so I embraced it. Mix until fluffy.
- If your icing is not thick enough just add more powdered sugar to it. Leave it out or place in the fridge, whilst your cupcakes cook.
- Once your cupcakes are ready, leave them to cool down. You don’t want to add your icing when they are still warm… it will melt.
- Decorate as you wish and enjoy 🙂